We're excited to announce that the Elevate Dataviz learning community will be putting on a free half-day mini-conference for all enthusiasts of dataviz and information design 🎉🎉🎉
What: A series of 15-minute talks from our members on all sorts of topics related to dataviz and information design, lightning talks, a Q&A with a special guest (to be announced), and a Q&A with our mentors: Will Chase, Alli Torban, Duncan Geere, and Gabrielle Merite.
When: Tuesday, June 28. Beginning 15:00 UTC (11pm Singapore, 4pm London, 5pm Berlin, 11am NYC, 8am LA, convert to other timezones)
How: To attend, hop on over to this YouTube link on the day. No formal registration is necessary. Send the link to your friends!
Why: To celebrate dataviz and learn from each other! A lot of conferences amplify the voices of people that are already semi-famous, we're excited to be featuring new voices from among our learning community. The lineup is chock-full of people with different backgrounds and skillsets, so you're sure to learn something new.
Who: Our line up is made up of members of our community from confirmed to new voices sharing their insights and path in the data visualization field.
Time is indicated in UTC
- 3:00PM Intro
- 3:05PM Q&A with Danielle Alberti! ✨
- 3:50PM Marilia Ferreira da Cunha: What can data visualisation learn from international relations?
- 4:10PM Tristan Guillevin: The Forever Beginers' Path
- 4:30PM Break
- 4:40PM Julian Hernandez: How to use design thinking in dashboard creation
- 5:00PM Silvia Hüttner: A map exploration of street names in Gothenburg
- 5:25PM Cheryl Braus: Quick tips for customizing Plotly charts
- 5:45PM Maggie Shi: Principles of Infographic Layout—My Lessons From Other People's Work
- 5:50PM Jayeola Gbenga: How I Visualized Africa's Data Governance Capabilities Compared to Other Continents
- 5: 55PM Angelica Hom: How collecting data can harm or save lives
- 6:00PM Break
- 6:10PM Mentor's Q&A
- 6:55PM Outro
We hope you'll join us for this event, stay tuned for more details to be announced as we approach the date!